The NYBPM 2012 Base Year Update will use state-of-the-practice travel demand forecasting and modeling methodologies, and incorporate the most recently available data and analytical resources. The NYBPM 2012 Base Year Update will be an activity/tour-based modal, capable of working for the purpose of policy and planning development evaluations.
One of the important goals of this effort is to make the NYBPM generally available to all interested parties. NYMTC undertook an exploratory review to determine critical issues to address in the Update.
- Improvements in highway network details
- Development of Time of Day Choice Model
- Development of Visitors Model
- Improvement of destination choice model
- Reconsidering mode choice sets
- Improved model calibration and validation