NYMTC strives to engage varied stakeholders in dynamic and significant ways – and enhance the level of meaningful input into the regional transportation planning process.
NYMTC's current Public Involvement Plan (PIP), adopted September 2022, guides the involvement process and includes specific steps and measures to involve stakeholders and ensure that future transportation investments reflect the needs, interests, and concerns of those who are most affected.
NYMTC has developed five desired goals that guide its public involvement activities:
- Educate the public about the transportation planning process and how they can get involved
- Engage the public and all stakeholders through timely notice of meetings and events and increased opportunities to provide input
- Enhance outreach tools and techniques to engage the many diverse regional constituencies
- Ensure that public participation methods, mechanisms, and opportunities are clearly defined and accessible
- Effectively involve the community, including those who have been traditionally underserved and underrepresented in the planning process
NYMTC actively seeks to involve stakeholders in the development of all its planning products through public meetings and review periods, workshops and webinars, informal brown bag presentations and open houses, its website and social media, and by regularly reaching out to an interested and active public to gather ideas and feedback to find workable solutions to planning the region's transportation future. Join a mailing list, attend a meeting or event, like us on Facebook, request an in person planning overview session for your organization - let your voice be heard!
As a step toward a more inclusive planning process, NYMTC's Language Access Program provides translation services for people who are not fluent in English, enhancing our public involvement efforts and increasing the accessibility of information about - and input into - the regional transportation planning process.