The TAP Working Group evaluates project applications and prepares a prioritized list for funding under the federal Transportation Alternative Program, which is a major source for funding walking and biking projects including Safe Routes To School projects. The Working Group consists of representatives from all of NYMTC’s member agencies. Contact Angelina Foster at 212.383.7283 for more information.
Criteria for Rating
- Environmental enhancement to and for the transportation system;
- Connectivity to an existing transportation system;
- Encouragement of smart growth;
- Impact on local or regional economies;
- Availability of matching funds;
- Level of community support